I needed a little break from cleanup so I decided to play around with color using my favorite subject, Zayn :)
I started this sometime in… November? Maybe like the end of November. And finished it up today.
There’s a lot of different meanings to it, for me, initially it was about how I wish I could just… split myself in two so I could date myself. Hahaha! It’s going to sound narcissistic no matter what but when you think about it, you understand yourself the most so I don’t think it’s so wrong to want to be with someone similar…
But I think moreso it’s also just about me coming to terms with loving myself again. For about 3 years I’ve been drowning in a lot of self-loathing, self-criticism (as in too much, you need a little to keep your head straight!), and just not feeling good enough for me, or anyone. I lost some people because of it, and lost myself too and it’s been a struggle. But slowly, I’ve started to love myself again and feel stronger. In fall, I made this new image of myself. It’s corny but I wanted to be my own prince and save myself, so I cut my hair really short, etc and started dressing differently. I pushed myself to feel a bit stronger and be more protective of well, me. And it worked. It took a lot of things, but I’m finally starting to feel like myself again, I’m finally starting to feel good about my art again, and I’m regaining confidence I lost for so long.
So, that’s what this piece means to me and I think it’s a good start to a new year! Here’s to becoming the best person and artist I can be this year :) Thanks again for all of your support!
A little late in the game but I also wanted to say thank you to everyone at Tigercon who bought things from me and came by my table! I’m probably gonna make a salespost/open a storenvy to sell stickers and prints if anyone is interested? :)
Hello everyone!!! So I’m going to be honest, I am currently in a very bad state financially and I really, really need the extra money. Between debt and a lot of losses we didn’t see coming this year… it’s been tough. So it would mean so, so much to me if I could get some commissions in. I know times are tough money-wise for a lot of people, as well, so if you can’t and can at least reblog, and spread the word, that would be really lovely.
- So all prices are listed above, and they differ between digital and traditional - 2 reasons, one being materials, the second being, if you choose traditional I will mail you the original.
- I take both paypal and snail-mail payments (concealed cash/check in an envelope).
- If you want an OC, please provide either a reference image or a written description.
- I’m capable of a lot of different styles/things, so if there’s something you don’t see above that you’re curious about, please just ask! (For instance, if you want me to do a background for you, that’s one of my fortes, but I know it’s not as commonly asked for.)
- You can see more of my work on DA, my portfolio site, and this blog.
- If you want to commission me, please email me at email@example.com or send me an ask/fanmail here on tumblr!
Again, if you have any questions, please just ask! There’s not a lot I won’t draw but I’ll let you know if something is out of my ability/comfort zone. I want to give you my best work!
Thank you for reading and I appreciate any and all support! <3
snk print im planning to sell at tigercon this weekend YaYYYY this was fun but took longer than anticipated ahahaaaaaaaa
Do I wanna know?
If this feeling flows both ways
i am sad at the lack of new armin/annie fanart after latest ep so i contributed ~n~